If you are using your Mozilla-based web browsers on your computer to browse websites, then you can install the NoScript free and powerful open source extension for Mozilla web browsers to get added security while browsing. The executable contents and plugins of a website will only be allowed by the application if you consider the site to be a trusted one.
What Is NoScript?
THE FOLLOWING ARE THE FEATURES ON OFFER BY NOSCRIPT:
- All active content, additional plugins are blocked by default in the Mozilla web based browsers.
- You have the option to allow executable contents on trusted websites.
- The blocked elements will be placed in a placeholder icon that you can access easily and you can click on the icon to turn on the blocked elements.
- You can find the NoScript as toolbar icon or as a status bar icon on every website that you visit. So, you will easily know if scripts are partially allowed or completely overlooked or fully allowed for the site you visit.
- ClearClick feature offers you protection from clickjacking attacks on the web.
The NoScript gives you the freedom to allow permission for the scripts to run or block completely or partially for individual websites. You have the option of creating a whitelist of all trusted websites and give permission to allow scripts for all sites opened using bookmarks. All popular plugins and executable contents can be blocked or allowed using NoScript tool.
NoScript is a very handy application to install on your computer if you do web browsing often. It will help in keeping security threats from various scripts on the website you browse at bay. It will also help in reducing your bandwidth consumption and also the use of system resources.
NoScript Reviews (Add your review!)
Add your review!
OS Support: Win7 x64, WinXP, WinVista, Win7 x32, Win8 x32, Win8 x64, Win10 x32, Win10 x64, Windows 8, Windows 10,
Hits: 4,818 visitors
Date added: 25 Jun 2015
Last Update: 06 Mar 2017